We often have clients asking about using video on their websites, in particular, their blog, which is often followed by the how and why they should do it.
So before we go into how to add a video to your WordPress website I will provide you with a few reasons why in 2018 you should be using video on your website where possible:
- Selling is about storytelling, and videos are a great way to share a story.
- Videos keep people on your website longer and engage them with your content (Google loves this).
- People work with people, and video helps people get to know, like and trust you. Let’s call that humanisation.
Okay, so now you have made up your mind that you want to use a video on your website but you are unsure what video to use.
Here are our content tips:
- Firstly, ensure that the video is relevant to your business and the product or service you are selling, this may sound obvious but it is a common mistake!
- Also, to avoid any issues with your website and videos not working avoid using file types that are not .MP4 or WebM along with being conscious of the size of the video you are uploading – if it is too large it will slow your website down.
- As a rule of thumb, let’s say 30 seconds or above should be uploaded to YouTube and linked back to your website.
How do add video to my website?
If you have a custom cms website you best contact your web website developer and they will be able to quote you on a price to do this for you.
However, if you have a WordPress website, simply copy and paste the link into text section of Edit Post/Page.
Check out the video below for further assistance.